What is the Meaning of Baptism?
- Baptism illustrates Christ’s burial and resurrection (Colossians 2:12).
- Baptism illustrates your new life as a Christian, and shows the world that you are a follower of Christ (Romans 6:4).
Who should be baptized?
Scripture teaches that everyone who has believed in Christ should be baptized. If you are a follower of Jesus, but have never been baptized, then you should be baptized (Acts 2:41).
When should I be baptized?
Scripture tells us that baptism is the FIRST step of obedience after becoming a follower of Jesus and should be done as soon as possible (Acts 8:35-38).
How can I be baptized?
It’s simple! You can be baptized here at Riverwood. There are many ways to let us know you would like to be baptized.
- Just attend the Baptism Class that takes place prior to the baptism date. You would meet at the Connect Kiosk (the counter by the glass doors) and join others being baptized.
- Check the WOULD LIKE TO BE BAPTIZED decision box on the front of your Connection Card and put it in the usher basket as you leave the auditorium after the Gathering.
- Join the BAPTISM Group on The CITY. You can indicate you would like to be baptized at our upcoming date!
“Then Jesus went from Galilee to the Jordan River to be baptized by John” – Luke 3:13
I want to be baptized….go here for registration.